Terms and Conditions
Calypso Reef Charters Pty Ltd & Safari Tours Pty Ltd ATF The Safari Trust REFUND POLICY:
- If a passenger cancels a tour within the 24 hour period, a cancellation fee of 100% applies.
- If a passenger cancels a tour outside the 24 hour period, passengers have the option of changing their day of travel or will be provided with a refund in the same form that payment was made.
- Should passengers not turn up to the specified pick up point or departure point without notification within the 24 hour period, a full cancellation fee will apply.
- On rare occasions, services can be subject to the effect of weather or unforeseen circumstances. If a tour is cancelled by the owner/operator for any reason, passengers will be offered a full refund or an alternative day of travel.
- Refunds can only be given to the person or company that made the booking and payment.
- IN ALL CASES NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR 'NO SHOWS'
Calypso Reef Charters and Safari Tours (trading as Tropical Journeys) and/or its owners and operators do not accept any responsibility (whether in tort contract or otherwise howsoever) for any injury to, or death of, any of its passengers whether during embarking, carriage, in-water activities, external tour activities, disembarking and whether caused by negligence or otherwise howsoever of any of its servents or agents and liability for all claims or demands whatsoever in respect of all injuries or death howsoever caused is hereby excluded. Further, no liability, either express or implied, will be accepted for the loss of or damage to luggage/equipment carried by Calypso Reef Charters and/or Daintree Tours.
If any term or condition contained herein shall be rendered null or void by the Trade Practices Act 1974 as amended ("the Act"). This contract shall take effect as if any such term or condition be void but only to the extent that the same is inconsistent with the Act.
We reserve the right to refuse entry to any vessel/vehicle or any part of Tropical Journeys property if it is deemed that a person is intoxicated, abusive or threatening any of the employees or passengers, or if the passengers refuse to comply with the company's rules and regulations. At all times, directions from the crew or driver of the vehicle/vessel must be obeyed and refusal to do so may result in being excluded from the tour.
We reserve the right to refuse the carriage of infants/small children and wheelchair bound passengers on a Daintree Tour unless reservation is inclusive of a private charter. Please call reservations for further information (07) 4099 6999.
The owners and/or operators reserve the right to alter schedules, prices and substitute one vehicle/vessel for another if considered necessary and without notice. All tours are subject to minimum number requirements and are subject to cancellation if minimum numbers are not met.
Please note: On days with low passenger numbers or unsuitable weather conditions, it may be necessary to move people between Agincourt and Opal Reefs. On the rare occasions that this occurs we will pick the tour and locations that will provide the best possible outer reef experience. It may not be possible to provide notice prior to travelling.
(1) You must be eighteen (18) years of age or over to register as a member of the website, or make a tour booking, or purchase products or services from this website.
(2) Any booking and/or purchase made by you using this website is an acknowledgement by you that you: i. are over the age of eighteen (18) years; ii. accept these terms; iii. agree that you have entered into a legal contract with Calypso Reef Charters Pty Ltd in relation to these terms; and iv. these terms, together with your booking, constitute the entire agreement between you and Calypso Reef Charters Pty Ltd for the supply of services or products.
(3) Calypso Reef Charters Pty Ltd reserves the right to take legal action and seek compensation from the parent or guardian of a minor who causes an order to be placed, for any loss or damage Calypso Reef Charters Pty Ltd may suffer as a result of a transaction entered into by a minor.
(1) We recommend you carefully preview any proposed bookings or orders before proceeding with your booking or purchase.
(2) Representations of services, bookings, tours or products for sale made by Calypso Reef Charters Pty Ltd via the website do not constitute an offer to sell but an invitation to treat.
(3) You and Calypso Reef Charters Pty Ltd may enter into a contract for the sale and supply of services by you making an offer via the website to purchase a service, booking, tour or product at the price advertised on the website by: (i) placing an electronic booking for the service using the website; (ii) you confirming the booking or purchase details in accordance with the procedure on the website; (iii) you making payment in full on the website; and (iv) the acceptance of that offer by Calypso Reef Charters Pty Ltd.
(4) Once you have processed your booking, you cannot cancel or revoke your booking, except as expressly provided for in these Terms and our cancellation and refund policy.
(5) When entering into a sale contract via the website, you will be taken to have communicated your offer to purchase the service(s) or product(s) only when: (i) any requirements set out in these Terms have been met; (ii) the electronic instruction containing the offer from you enters and is recorded in our database; (iii) a record is created and stored in our database; and (iv) Calypso Reef Charters Pty Ltd receives in its account full payment from you for the booking, product or service and confirmation of that payment is received by our database.
(6) You acknowledge that: (i) the transmission of your offer or the confirmation of any payment, made through an electronic instruction may not be received by Calypso Reef Charters Pty Ltd for reasons beyond either parties' reasonable control including but not limited to, electronic failure, mechanical, software, computer, or telecommunications, or the omission or failure of third party website providers or systems; (ii) to the extent permitted by law, Calypso Reef Charters Pty Ltd is not liable to you in any way for any loss or damage at all and however caused, arising directly or indirectly in connection with the transmission of an electronic instruction through the website, or any failure to receive an electronic instruction for whatever reason; (iii) Calypso Reef Charters Pty Ltd may act on and process all completed electronic instructions transmitted or issued through the website without further consent from or reference to you; and (iv) Calypso Reef Charters Pty Ltd may treat an electronic instruction as authentic and is under no obligation to investigate the authenticity or authority of persons issuing or transmitting such electronic instructions, or to verify the accuracy and completeness of such electronic instructions.
(7) You will receive an email from Calypso Reef Charters Pty Ltd (or Tropical Journeys as its brand name) as soon as practicable after you have confirmed your booking and made payment. If you have any questions regarding your booking you may contact our reservations team at email@example.com.
(8) If your booking is not accepted by Calypso Reef Charters Pty Ltd, Calypso Reef Charters Pty Ltd will notify you by telephone or email and arrange for a full refund of any payment made by you to be processed.
(9) Calypso Reef Charters Pty Ltd may, in its sole and absolute discretion, accept or reject any booking made by you for any reason (or no reason), including an error in the advertised price for, or description of, the products on the website, or an error in your booking.
(10) Any representations made about tours and availability are accurate to the best of our ability and are subject to change. If Calypso Reef Charters Pty Ltd cannot supply a particular tour or service, Calypso Reef Charters Pty Ltd will notify you by telephone or email as soon as possible.